Here are some funny writing tips I found today. Enjoy reading them. :)
- Finish your point on an upbeat note...unless you can't think of one
- Don't patronize your reader--he or she might well be intelligent enough to spot it
- Avoid unnecessary examples. e.g. this one
- Similes are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
- Mixed metaphors can kill two birds without a paddle.
- Take care with pluri.
- If you can't think of the word you have in mind, look it up in one of those dictionary-type thingies.
- Do you really think people are impressed with rhetorical questions?
- Sarcasm--yes, I bet that will go down really well.
- Less is more. This means that a short, cryptic statement is often preferable to an accurate, but drawn out, explanation that lacks punch and loses the reader.
- Many readers assume that a word will not assume two meanings within the same sentence.
- Some early drafts of this document had had clumsy juxtapositions
- If there's a word on the tip of your tongue that you can't quite pin down, use a cinnamon.
- Strangely enough it is impossible to construct a sentence that illustrates the meaning of the word 'irony.'
- Practice humility until you're really sure you have it down.
- There is no place for overemphasis whatsoever.
....I love irony.... :D